Role-Play and Battle Network

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Play and Battle Network is a semi-casual role playing environment.

3 posters

Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra

Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra Empty Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra

Post by Greenknight1294 Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Being in a different class, another known, yet 'unknown' face was coincidentally making its apparition at the test, Rinna Lin herself having started much earlier than the other ones at the next classroom. After about fifteen minutes, only her and the person sitting next to her remained together amongst the few students, either by cunning or by luck avoiding all the traps of the maze. Their maze, however, was a little peculiar, it had a lot of vertical corridors and obstacles with floor traps rather than viruses. The objectives were the same as in the other class, to find an escape from the maze using only the tools on the computer screen to help their navis, and their battle chips.

Melody's companion, was for the most part leading the way, right now through an odd horizontal corridor they decided to follow since it was the first ever they had found so far to lead on a non vertical fashion. Unless Rinna decided to open up conversation with the guy, he was pretty much silent the whole time besides the few nervous instructions he'd given to his navi, the look in his eyes implying he was treating it all as a game.

His name was Kouta and his navi was lent to him by the school, so it was a pretty bland, gray colored and with no personality.
    Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra Latest?cb=20101023193722

Last edited by Greenknight1294 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:29 am; edited 2 times in total
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra Empty Re: Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra

Post by Rinna Lin Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:17 pm

"Hmm..." Rinna lets out, mostly focused on following what her Navi sees, decides to look up at the student next to her and tries to wave abit. "H-Hey, we're the last two here, huh? Hopefully we can do this together!" She would extend her hand out to maybe give a handshake.

On the flipside, Melody looks up just abit to see Rinna not focusing on the action at hand. She would give off a bit of a sigh at her master's action, but better interaction with her companion is smarter than just nothing. Though, she's not too sure if she can expect too much from this blank slate of a Navi that she is following along. "No..." She shakes her head to that thought. "If anything, this person could be the most risky for not having a personalized Navi."
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra Empty Re: Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra

Post by Greenknight1294 Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:23 pm

"Uhm. Yes, hopefully." he laughed nervously, returning the handshake as he spoke, though turning back quickly to the computer screen, "It's been already 15 minutes, but I also think the exit should be over this corridor. That was a good idea."

Meanwhile the other navi following the corridor with her replied without even turning to look at her "Negative. Our brand can perform more efficiently than most personalized navis." Meanwhile taking the lead mechanically as he'd been ordered. In the far distance they would be able to notice a small sign that led to a left turn on the corridor, though they would barely be able to recognized what it said, looking like some kind of bucket with 3 stars above.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:27 pm

"Mhmm!" Rinna smiles, letting out abit of relief in that if he didn't respond, booy would it have been awkward. She returns her view back to her Pet, just in time to see what they see, the small sigh.

"Bucket with 3 stars, maybe?" Rinna though, as Melody would take a closer look, though unable to read it herself. But she does look forward, wondering what it could mean. "Maybe we are getting towards another trap?" She puts her hands on her hips and looks at the brand named Navi. "Well then, Mr. Efficiently, I'll let you continue to take charge here."
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:31 pm

"Affirmative." replied the other navi as mechanical as ever.

Suddenly, a wall grew from the floor in front of them, blocking the corridor entirely when they were just walking by it. The wall had a few grappling rocks and a button on top, presumably so they could use them to climb up that high. Although any normal navi would be able to jump most of the way up there.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:34 pm

"Hm!" Melody jumps back naturally in reaction to that wall. "Oh, I see." She relaxes her stance, as she walks up to the wall and puts her hands on the grappling rocks. "We can do this no problem."

"Mhmm!" Rinna nods her head. "I wonder is this like a Firewall or something...?" She said, tilting her head thinking about it as she allows Melody to continue on here. "I think your navi should be able to keep watch just in case, right?" She says to the student next to her.
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:42 pm

"Oh, okay. You heard her, just keep watch in case something shows up?" added the guy sitting next to her.

"Affirmative." replied the navi, turning around a couple of meters away from the rock.

Just after Melody reached out to press the button near the ceiling, the floor suddenly opened up underneath, dropping the other navi down a black hole. Given how it happened so fast and how this particular navi didn't say a thing, Melody wouldn't notice until she turned around to see nothing but a hole on the floor. The word "Eliminated" showing on the other student's pet.

"Huh? What just... Navi, are you there?" he asked in confusion, too distracted staring at the computer screen, the camera on an odd angle that only showed Melody and a portion of the floor.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:53 pm

"Alright!" Melody would look up to see that nothing would come down at her, she would look back down and let the Navi know... "...Oh. Well..that's not good...." Melody keeps a take grip as she looks over at Rinna.

"A-la la...." Rinna gives off a nervous laugh, as she looks over at her partner. "W-Well, looks like we both should have went up....Melody, is the hole deep enough so that we can possibley climb down and save the Navi?"

"I don't think saving Navi's is what this test is about, but avoiding traps..."

"Umm..I guess so, huh..."

Melody looks around to see how big the gap is from where she is on the wall.
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:00 pm

The deep black hole extended for about the entire height of the wall she was holding onto, making it near impossible to jump over it. Meanwhile the other student noticed his pet and kept staring at it blankly without responding to Rinna, looking frustrated with himself rather than sad after realizing what had just happened.

Before Melody could get a good idea of how to cross the pit, the wall suddenly turned from the bottom, throwing Melody foward on the corridor and sliding over the hole in the floor, sealing it down. At least the obstacle was no longer in the way, from this distance the sign in the wall more clear. It looked like some kind of warning symbol, the bucket and the 3 stars likely having some sort of meaning to them.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:06 pm

"!!!" Melody's world gets flipped upside down as Rinna would take a minute and just sit right there as she turns to tell the story of the...wait, no. "Umm..sorry, about your Navi." Rinna would try and comfort the student, I mean he did almost made it to the end and he was leading most of it too!

Melody on the other hand stays focus on the job at hand. She would walk towards the sign and touch it with her hand, trying to figure it out. "Maybe..., Rinna."

"Wah!" Rinna jumps up and turns back towards the PET. "Y-Yes?"

"Let's run a scan and cross reference anything we learned while we have been here to this sign."

"Is that something we can do...?" Rinna thought to Melody's idea.
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:16 pm

The student rudely stood up without giving her a chance to complete the sentence, leaving the classroom with the rest of the students, which likely gave her a chance to see how empty it was getting in there, just about 3 of them counting her. Hopefully it wouldn't turn into a zombie apocalypse from there for whoever saw him on Highschool of the Dead.

Meanwhile Melody's idea was foolproof after noting how the sign was nothing but that, barely protruding from the wall. The computer screen had a full map marking all the paths Melody had taken to get there, although the few traps she'd gone through weren't marked in it. There was also an option to scan her surroundings on the pet, which could easily give some results.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:20 pm

"Ah, laa....." She sighs at the student. Hopefully he doesn't go crazy and create a nailgun stapler..gun...thing. Yeah.

Returning back to Melody, they both nod to each other, in agreement to scan her surounding areas. "This should let us know if we're near the end or not. I faster we finish this, the faster we can get back to work!"
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:23 pm

After a quick scan Melody would detect the signal of a virus emanating from the end of that corridor in the distance, although there seemed to be some kind of mist in the way keeping her from seeing where it ended, leaving only the option to keep walking and going back.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:26 pm

"?! A virus...?" Melody and Rinna is both taken aback by this. Looks like even during a test about viruses, viruses could show up... "Well, looks like this is more than just a test now..."

Given no other choice, Melody has to walk forward towards the mist, to hopefully the boss of this area. There are no continues, my friend!
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:41 pm

The corridor led amidst the mist through the misty path into a gigantic looking room, no walls or ceiling stretching far beyond the boundaries of her limited vision. Shortly after the mist faded and Melody wouldn't be able to find the corridor she had just walked in from, currently trapped in a massive coliseum arena comparable in size to the roman coliseum. It had the usual terraces for the spectators and the place seemed fairly populated by other navis all around her, a fair crowd. Across the massive platform of sand she was in, Melody would spot an utterly massive gate blocked by metal bars, behind it a glowing blue sign with the word "EXIT".

As she entered, the crowd seemingly went wild yelling in excitement, comments such as "Destroy her!", "Tear her limbs apart!" and "Finally! We've been waiting for a while now!" crowding the ambience.

Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra 3cfba6ec-751c-40ee-ac52-fccc669cb7bc_00fbd248_image
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:47 pm

"W..What is this?!" Melody says in seeing this, surprised by her surroundings. This is VERY unlock the usual digital layout she is used to...while Rinna is once again taken aback by all of this. "I..Is this part of the test too...?"

Melody shoke her head, as she walks towards the center of the field. "This must be the work of the virus...and I think we just walked into IT'S trap now." The jeering words doesn't seem to bold well for her...will she have to fight to get to that exit? Will it even open up?

"M-Melody, I have the AreaSteal card in hand this time, I'm more than ready to get you out now!" Rinna said as she was quick to grab the card out of her bag, nodding her head.
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:55 pm

Sadly Melody would know the area steal chip wouldn't be able to get her out of that situation as she was trapped inside thick walls, and walking across didn't exactly help with the crowd's mood, only seeming to get louder as they noticed what was going on. The only way out was to disconnect the pet from the terminal, but that would be failing the test after all, and the evaluates would have likely stopped it if that area wasn't a part of it, right?

Shortly after an earthquake took over the arena, suddenly a massive cage at least 20 times taller than Melody, with an odd creature soon revealing itself behind the thick metal bars, a massive golem that seemed made out of rocks fused with melting lava between the joints. The creature quickly noticed melody and let out a loud roar, which the crowd celebrated with encouraging words such as "Kill her!" and "Eat her up!". It took the massive giant just a second to smash the cage apart with both fists, flinging metal pieces around, quickly moving towards Melody in a clumsy fashion to crash against her head first.

Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra KRprFXw
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:05 pm

Melody does shake her head to that with her eyes closed. "Rinna, that will do us no good...if we are in fact in a trap, I would bet the virus would have disabled that type of chip anyways, if it wasn't already for the fact that these walls would make it impossible for us to use. If it was that easy, those metal bars at the exit would have been a pace of cake, right?"

As she was making it to the center, not backing down from what this arena is about after all, she stops as the huge shadow of the cage alaps her. She looks up and steps back. She gasped, as a look of disblief falls over her. Melody moves her arm over her eyes as the smoke from the torn apart cages dust on the floor fills her vision, before she moves her arm down to see the monster right near her.

"D-Dodge it, Melody!!" Rinna shouted, as Melody though she was going to jump back, that call from her master gave her the extra boost needed to get away from the huge giant. Melody moves her right arm to the side and her digital sword forms around her arm. "We are supposed to take on THAT thing?!"
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:13 pm

"Raaaaargh!" The giant quickly crashed his head against the sand floor that Melody had just jumped from, quickly flailing his arms to try and hit her in mid air as soon as the thing noticed it had missed its target, which intercepted Melody's sword arm and slapped her like a fly a few meters away. Despite the blow, it did no damage to her other than the clumsy crash, giving her enough time to stand up and do something with the creature now standing up and looking around for her.

Of course, comments such as "Behind you, idiot!" and "Get her, she's running away!" were easily cutting off her options for hiding.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:18 pm

"Ngh!" She was unable to form her sword thanks to the slap across her. She does quickly regain herself though, flipping onto her arm to bounce off it and back onto the ground with a slide. "Darn, again!" She said, recharging her sword to come around her arm. Melody looks left to right, hearing the crowd noises. "No such thing as a sneak attack, huh..."

"M-Melody, even if I can't do AreaSteal to get you away, it should still work in short bursts for teleporting to it, right?! I have an idea!" Rinna would go.
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:22 pm

The creature turned around in confusion and found her shortly after she started speaking with the crowd telling him where Melody was. He let out another massive, deafening roar and raised his arms in the air as she proposed her idea, the roar sending another slight earthquake through the arena.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:47 pm

"Nnnn...!" Melody crosses her arms over her head, but this time with the sword infront as she was able to get it out, as a small flash goes around her eyes. "Got it" in response to getting the plan.

"We need to wait for the monster to try and get at you again...you can dodge until then, right? I have complete faith in you, Melody!" Rinna said as she gives her a thumbs up.

"Sure...you aren't the one in here, after all..!" She said, as she moves her arms back down and dashes towards it. "May as well get some licks in!!" She said, as she would try and slash at the monster's legs.
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:53 pm

The creature seemed to glow a brighter red from the magma filling up the crevices between the rocks, almost as if its insides were melting. He noticed Melody trying to approach it with the sword on hand and smashed the floor in front of her with both massive, rock hands, almost fusing with the floor as it erupted with magma, suddenly raising a tower of lava from underneath that exploded off the ground, which traveled across the floor in Melody's direction at a considerable speed, barely giving her time to dodge as it approached. The creature's body seemingly went back to normal if she noticed that glowing as it happened briefly, almost as if the creature had to charge his attack during the time it roared.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:01 am

"AH!" Melody would stop before she got any more closer. A defensive wall of flames almost, expect it was coming towards her! "Not again..!" She said, this time jumping sideaways as if she jumped back it would have caught her, and that would have been no good.

Though Melody was focused on dodging, and the steam made it hard to see, Rinna was able to notice what was going on with the creature. "! There, looks like we will have two chances!" She said, as she seems to be forgetting where she is and starts raising her voice in the classroom due to her excitement.
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:23 am

Oddly enough, nobody seemed to pay attention to Rinna raising her voice if she noticed that herself. By now only two students inside the classroom with the evaluates watching on the back.

Right after Melody recomposed herself and paid attention to her user, something fell through the ceiling of the coliseum and crashed down on the floor face first. It was a familiar navi she'd met before. Though before giving her a chance to do anything about it, the creature was again raising its arms and glowing red with magma leaking slightly through its rocky body.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 pm